Tom Loveridge Staff Scholarship
Tom Loveridge, devoted colleague and friend, passed away on February 6, 2012. As both an undergraduate and graduate student then Instructor and Director of the Office of Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action and finally an Associate Vice President of Human Resources, Tom was a fierce supporter of University of Utah staff and helped to start the Staff Council, staying close as an ex-officio Staff Council member throughout his career. Tom was an ardent supporter of Diversity and Inclusion and headed up many a project/program to further these causes. To honor his service and dedication to the University of Utah, the University of Utah Staff Council has set up a memorial scholarship in his name. This specialized scholarship is specifically for courses taught through the University of Utah and will be awarded twice a year to a full-time staff member who exemplifies the service and dedication that Tom personified
The applicant must meet the following criteria for consideration:
- The applicant must be currently employed at 75% or above Full-Time Equivalency (FTE) in a benefits eligible position at the Universityof Utah and have held a consistent position at this level for at leasttwo consecutive years.
- The applicant may not have received a Staff Council Scholarshipwithin the past two years.
- The applicant may not be a current Staff Council Member.
- $1,250 maximum
Anticipated Number of Scholarships
- The Staff Council will award one (1) scholarship for each the Fall and Spring Semesters.
Application Review Cycles
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed twice per year. Review dates are July 15th and December 1st.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 11:59 PM (MST) ON July 15th and December 1st.
Incomplete applications will not be considered