Become a Member of Staff Council
The University of Utah Staff Council is currently looking for positive, service-minded individuals to join us! The UU Staff Council is an organization established by University Policy 5-003 to make sure the interests of staff on campus are represented. The University of Utah Staff Council had several achievements and was involved in many events during the 2017-2018 AY.
- We awarded more than 15 scholarships at $500 each (Summer, Fall, Spring).
- Members participated in the District and Staff Excellence Award selections.
- Sponsored several events for staff including Shred Day where staff were able to shred personal documents and dispose personal eWaste at no charge, U-Nights at Real Salt Lake, Utah Grizzlies discount tickets, and Salt Lake Bees discounted tickets.
- Members actively represent staff interests on several committees across campus.
- Members participated in the legislative process as advocates for staff of the University of Utah.
- Staff Council continues to co-sponsorship Employee Appreciation Day.
If you are interested in making a difference here at the U by participating on Staff Council, we will be accepting applications starting March 2020.
Qualified applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants are benefits eligible (.75 FTE or above).
- Applicants have successfully completed the probationary period of employment prior to the beginning of the term of service (July 1 of each year).
- Once cleared through HR, applicants will need to submit the "Supervisor's Notification" form (provided by Staff Council).
- Once cleared through HR, applicants will need to submit the "Staff Council Membership Agreement" form (provided by Staff Council).
The University of Utah Staff Council time commitment involves a two hour meeting on the first Wednesday of every month and participation on at least one of the subcommittees which involves one to two hours monthly.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE SOMEONE
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 11:59 PM (MST) ON MAY 15, 2020.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.