The University of Utah Staff Council is currently looking for positive, service-minded individuals to join us! The UU Staff Council is an organization established by University Policy 5-003 to make sure the interests of staff on campus are represented.
Now Accepting Applications!
If you are interested in joining the Staff Council, we will be accepting applications for the coming year beginning in March of each year. Service terms begin in July. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
What does the University of Utah Staff Council do?
The University of Utah Staff Council represents staff from all over the University campus by pursuing initiatives designed to promote staff welfare, enhance staff development and opportunity, and create opportunities for staff participation. We provide a forum for communication where we can make recommendations to University leadership, and we participate in many service projects and events across the campus community.
- We award several staff scholarships annually.
- Members participate in the District and Staff Excellence Award selections.
- We sponsor several events for staff including "Shred Day", where staff were able to shred personal documents and dispose personal eWaste at no charge, U-Nights at Real Salt Lake, Utah Grizzlies discount tickets, and Salt Lake Bees discounted tickets.
- Members actively represent staff interests on several committees across campus.
- Members participate in the legislative process as advocates for staff of the University of Utah.
- Staff Council continues to co-sponsor Employee Appreciation Day.
Who is eligible to join the University of Utah Staff Council?
Qualified applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants are benefits eligible (.75 FTE or above).
- Applicants have successfully completed the probationary period of employment prior to the beginning of the term of service (July 1 of each year).
- At least two years of employment at the University.
- Once cleared through HR, applicants will need to submit the "Supervisor's Notification" form (provided by Staff Council).
- Once cleared through HR, applicants will need to submit the "Staff Council Membership Agreement" form (provided by Staff Council).
What would joining the Staff Council mean for me?
The University of Utah Staff Council time commitment includes a two hour meeting on the first Wednesday of every month.
Each member also serves on one of the Staff Council Committees, which typically requires about two hours of time every month.
Members are elected each year to serve in key leadership positions (president, secretary, treasurer), and also participate in various service projects throughout the year. Time commitments vary. Members participate in the District and Staff Excellence Award selections process, and co-sponsor Employee Appreciation Day each year.